tagged me. Figured it would be something to do in my off time while working today.
Each person tagged blogs 7 random facts about themselves, as well as the rules of the game. You then tag seven others and list their names on your blog.
The Random Facts:
– I spent a semester attending the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. With a theater major, no less. I literally selected the school by opening up a college guide and dropping my finger on a random page. On reading the description, I found out it was voted the #2 party university in the country by Playboy magazine the month before. I forgot something, though. I was a fat geek who didn’t really party. Needless to say I didn’t fit in. Highlights include finding out the KKK showed up to protest at the homecoming game the year before because an African-American woman was voted the Homecoming queen and sitting on the steps of the building my English class was in and realizing I was having a cigarette where George Wallace staged his protest against government forced integration. I couldn’t get home fast enough, and skipped out on all my finals (scoring a 0.00 GPA for the term).
– The fact that I write so infrequently here these days has very little to do with my perception of Live Journal or me looking down my nose at it, and has a hell of a lot to do with the fact that as I advance in my career I’m realizing that what I write here could easily come around to bite me in the ass in the long run. It really makes me kind of sad, in a way. I started writing here as a way to kind of put myself out there for the world to see, but now I’m wondering if it wouldn’t be wise to go back and remove some of the posts from back before I started working here. I could, of course, use filters…and I do on occasion. But even that isn’t foolproof.
– Despite the apparent size of my ego, my bravado and my frequent spouting of how much I rock I am probably one of the more insecure people you know.
– My absolute biggest pet peeve in the entire world, and the thing that is guaranteed to make me go from good mood to pissy in nothing flat, is being made to feel like I’ve been taken for granted. I’ll move heaven and earth to do something nice for someone if it is within my power to do so, but the minute I’m treated like that kind of thing is expected of me I get very surly indeed.
– I am so self-conscious over my mild (according to my doctors) Roseacea that if there was a surgical procedure that would fix it I would find a way to pay for it and do so. When it acts up, I oftenthink twice about leaving the house.
– I should be doing homework right now.
– I wish I was as selfish as some people think I am. If I was, it wouldn’t hurt when I realized that’s what they thought of me.
– Things like this meme apparently make me far too introspective. I probably should have left this at something like “I’m horny!” Probably would get more comments, anyway.
I don’t tag. Namely because I frequently do not follow though when folks do so to me.