Didn’t post my numbers from last week, because I was really kind of pissed about them.
Your current weight | 275.2 lb
Weight change since your last recorded weight | +2.6 lb
Total weight change to date | -144 lb
Which was not the best way to start a vacation weekend in which I wasn’t going to be able to exercise and was going to be tempted with a lot of food and booze. When it was all said and done, I got back to my workouts on Tuesday. After missing four workouts I got 60 minutes in with Maya two days in a row and I fucking hurt. You’d think I hadn’t been working out for the last four months or something.
So I got back on the scale tonight, and was up again…
Your current weight | 275.8 lb
Weight change since your last recorded weight | +0.6 lb
Total weight change to date | -143.4 lb
I tried to keep up the positive self-talk that should accompany something like this. I mean, half a pound after some of what I ate over the weekend REALLY isn’t that bad. But with the big gain from the week before it was a real bitter pill to swallow. I decided to go ahead and have Krys take my measurements as soon as I got home, though.
April 27th Numbers
Biceps | 14″
Thighs | 28″
Chest | 50″
Waist | 50″
Neck | 17″
Hips | 52″
Biceps | 12.3″ (- 1.7″)
Thighs | 26″ (- 2″)
Chest | 50″ (no change)
Waist | 47″ (- 3″)
Neck | 16.5″ (- .5″)
Hips | 50.5″ (- 1.5″)
So..yeah..some pretty big changes there – especially when you figure that’s just over 1 month. So all in all I’m pretty happy.
Still wanna get out of the 270’s, though…damnit!
tagged me. Figured it would be something to do in my off time while working today.
Each person tagged blogs 7 random facts about themselves, as well as the rules of the game. You then tag seven others and list their names on your blog.
The Random Facts:
– I spent a semester attending the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. With a theater major, no less. I literally selected the school by opening up a college guide and dropping my finger on a random page. On reading the description, I found out it was voted the #2 party university in the country by Playboy magazine the month before. I forgot something, though. I was a fat geek who didn’t really party. Needless to say I didn’t fit in. Highlights include finding out the KKK showed up to protest at the homecoming game the year before because an African-American woman was voted the Homecoming queen and sitting on the steps of the building my English class was in and realizing I was having a cigarette where George Wallace staged his protest against government forced integration. I couldn’t get home fast enough, and skipped out on all my finals (scoring a 0.00 GPA for the term).
– The fact that I write so infrequently here these days has very little to do with my perception of Live Journal or me looking down my nose at it, and has a hell of a lot to do with the fact that as I advance in my career I’m realizing that what I write here could easily come around to bite me in the ass in the long run. It really makes me kind of sad, in a way. I started writing here as a way to kind of put myself out there for the world to see, but now I’m wondering if it wouldn’t be wise to go back and remove some of the posts from back before I started working here. I could, of course, use filters…and I do on occasion. But even that isn’t foolproof.
– Despite the apparent size of my ego, my bravado and my frequent spouting of how much I rock I am probably one of the more insecure people you know.
– My absolute biggest pet peeve in the entire world, and the thing that is guaranteed to make me go from good mood to pissy in nothing flat, is being made to feel like I’ve been taken for granted. I’ll move heaven and earth to do something nice for someone if it is within my power to do so, but the minute I’m treated like that kind of thing is expected of me I get very surly indeed.
– I am so self-conscious over my mild (according to my doctors) Roseacea that if there was a surgical procedure that would fix it I would find a way to pay for it and do so. When it acts up, I oftenthink twice about leaving the house.
– I should be doing homework right now.
– I wish I was as selfish as some people think I am. If I was, it wouldn’t hurt when I realized that’s what they thought of me.
– Things like this meme apparently make me far too introspective. I probably should have left this at something like “I’m horny!” Probably would get more comments, anyway.
I don’t tag. Namely because I frequently do not follow though when folks do so to me.
In many ways, really. I’d write more about it, but one of the few “not so great, actually” things about the weekend is that I’m several days behind in my Calculus class now.
So guess what I’m off to do?
Will post more later if I get a chance.
So this upcoming weekend is going to be jam packed. We’ve got a whole bunch of people coming into town who are in our guild to attend Mordvergence over in Tampa, and quite a few of them are staying here. Haven’t had that many people crashing at the house since Beau died, I think. Not for more than one night, anyway.
So here’s the itinerary on our side of the pond.
Thursday – Get some work done in the yard. Hit Sam’s Club. Stock up on sodas, snacks, and easy to eat foodstuffs for our guests. Chesch arrives early evening. Will hit the 5:30 Weight Watchers meeting and probably leave it early when he calls. Suspect he may want some grub, so wait on hitting Subway until he arrives. Last night of relative calm before the storm.
Friday – People arriving all day! John and Random arrive approximately 4:00 PM, have rental car and hotel so I suspect we’ll see them at the house a few hours after that. Rick and Karen land at 7:05 PM at St. Pete/Clearwater airport. Scott arrives early evening – has rental car. Blaise arrives at some point depending on when he leaves coccoa beach. I plan to have lots of sandwich fixings available in the house as co-ordinating one feeding time for all these folks with the different arrival times is going to be problematic at best. Once everyone arrives and is settled, get dolled up and head over to Ybor for Castle invasion. Probably go out to breakfast after, because…you know..that’s what you do.
Saturday – Wake up. This part is very important. Make some breakfasts for the horde. There is talk of a Dali Museum outing during the day. Pete arrives at some point. Mordvergence begins at 4 PM. Much fearing of the Mord commences.
Sunday – Laugh at the thought of being up and outside by 8 AM. Laugh even harder at the thought of roller blading. Bask in the safe comfort of not having all kinds of cuts and bruises and sleep for a few more hours. Wake up, more breakfasts, figure out daytime activities. Chesch needs to be at the airport for a 5:50 flight, so probably drop him off on the way over to Rafe and Kim’s for evening festivities there.
Monday – Low key activity day. Possibly hit the Lowry park zoo. Not sure when some folks are leaving yet. Maybe they never are! Edited to add Rick and Karen fly out from St. Pete/Clearwater at 9:30 PM.
Tuesday – John and Random depart. Realize I have to actually go back to work the next day. Take comfort in the fact that I’ll at least be working from home.
I have a million things to do today.
I do not want to do them.
I am supposed to do my physical challenge and a lower body workout today.
I REALLY do not want to do them.
I am off to do so.
That is all.
My son just called to tell me that he received 8 different awards upon his graduation from elementary school today, ranging from academic to behavioral achievements. He was also on the Principals list AGAIN for the final grading term.
Damn, I’m proud of that boy.
Forgot to post last week, which was…
Your current weight | 274.6 lb
Weight change since your last recorded weight | -3.8 lb
Total weight change to date | -144.6 lb
Your current weight | 272.6 lb
Weight change since your last recorded weight | -2 lb
Total weight change to date | -146.6 lb
That is four straight weeks of weight loss in a row. The exercise and perseverance seems to be paying off.
Next week – measurements and new pictures.
Kind of excited, really.